[thelist] how secure to store credit cards

Kristy Frey kristenannfrey at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 9 09:17:03 CST 2002

Where was this thread 5 months ago when I needed it!

> My concern now is a brief mention that making the webserver act as a
> secure client might be difficult for some developers ... what's
> involved in this? Anything? Is it that my server is going want to use
> it's own certificate when it sees <cfhttp url="https://xxx"> but
> server it's being a client to needs to use it's certificate?

There is something that makes the "behind the scene" connection from your secure server to the
authorize.net secure server an easy programming task.

It is called curl and you can download it at http://curl.haxx.se/
I believe that you also need another product like Open SSL or mod_ssl installed.

Once these 2 are installed on your web server, one call the the curl executable in you script (in
my case it was php) takes care of the secure connection.

As far as I know, using curl to perform the https to https connection is secure.  I'd like to know
if anyone knows otherwise.