[thelist] PHP on Mac OSX

Julia Frizzell Julia_Frizzell at brown.edu
Thu Jan 10 07:45:51 CST 2002

At 1:34 PM +0000 1/10/02, <martin.p.burns at uk.pwcglobal.com> wrote:
>Memo from Martin P Burns of PricewaterhouseCoopers
>
>Hi Morbus
>
>Am I right in thinking that the only real difference in software
>between the Server & Desktop versions of OS X is in what's
>preinstalled, plus a few GUI networking tools?
>
>IOW you could build a perfectly equivalent server from a
>Desktop machine..?

I'm not Morbus, but I do believe this is correct.

I was following his instructions and had Apache up and running in
moments. It all depends on what you want do do with the machine as a
server. Web server? You don't need anything that the Server doesn't
have (unless you want to stream Quicktime movies, which can probably
be gotten around somehow).
--
Julia Frizzell
julia_frizzell at brown.edu