[thelist] Linux connection to multiple Unix boxes via Digiboard?

Hassan Schroeder hassan at webtuitive.com
Thu Jan 10 11:57:54 CST 2002

spinhead wrote:

> >     But if they *really* want to spend money to achieve 101% uptime,
> >     I can suggest a few things to add to your shopping list!  :-)
>
> Exactly what I'm asking for.

Since the serial port card is fine *but* a single point of failure,
look at remote KVM switches for direct console access from a second
system (other than the DigiBoard one).

Remote power on/off capability is useful; sometimes only a power
cycle will really clean up a problem, and it's important to bring
servers and peripherals up and down in proper sequence.

I don't know if you already have the Suns or what your capacity
requirements are, but there's a company named Resilience building
HA SPARC boxes. (I haven't used one, just looked into them for a
client.)   /*  see previous "inadequate funding" comment :-)  */

I'd need more details on your app to go further; if you want, pop
me a line off-list ...
--
H*
Hassan Schroeder ----------------------------- hassan at webtuitive.com

    -- creating dynamic Web sites and applications since 1994 --