[thelist] how design affects ecommerce

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Fri Jan 11 00:24:17 CST 2002

> From: "Jared M. Spool" <jspool at uie.com>
[...]
> We've found that design has a dramatic affect on the success of an
> e-commerce site. For example, we're finding that as much as 50-cents
> of every dollar spent is being left on the table. For a site we've
> recently researched, we're finding that, by making certain design
> changes, we can increase their annual revenues by $200,000,000 (a 50%
> increase).
[...]

ultimately this info is for a brief seminar i'm giving to the local AAF
organization, but since i run the group and will run the seminar, it
doesn't look right if i lecture them -- feels too much like i'm trying to
sell...

was looking for third party sources just to say what i'd be saying
anyway (and who knows, maybe learn something)...

i've been doing ecommerce and UI for ecommerce for so long, i
have a bad habit of lecturing when i should be letting people relate
personal anecdotes and stuff like that...