[thelist] sql server: containstable() with multiple tables?

Chris Blessing webguy at mail.rit.edu
Fri Jan 11 09:56:15 CST 2002

Hi all-

I've been using SQL Server 7's full-text indexing and the containstable
t-sql function to search some content we have databased.  Here's the query
as of right now:

SELECT t1.id, t1.publishDate, t1.productCode, t1.productName, t1.title,
t1.author, K.rank as Rank FROM tips as t1 INNER JOIN
containstable(tipContent, content, '(""" & searchTerm & """)') as K ON t1.id
= K.[key]

I have the tips table, which holds the smaller info about each tip (this is
our content) and the tipContent table which has 2 fields - a related tipid
field and a content field (which is a very large varchar field).

What I want to do is enable searching on t1.title as well as
tipContent.content (currently in the containstable() function).  Should I be
looking into another join with another containstable() call?  Any help is
graciously appreciated. =)

TIA!

Chris Blessing
webguy at mail.rit.edu