[thelist] how design affects ecommerce

Nicole Parrot nicole at parrot.ca
Fri Jan 11 10:18:44 CST 2002

Is it just me or is there a blatant contradiction in what Mia posted?
She's willing to give her shipping information on a website before she is
ready to "check out", but giving her phone number on the phone is giving
away valuable demographics information?

Mia, you're entirely entitled to feel the way you do, but if I have to give
my shipping info before I choose which item I want to buy, I'm just outta
there, and shopping on another website. I am only willing to give info about
me when I'm ready to pay, not before that, because I know a lot of things
can happen. I may abandon my orders for the simplest reason (ie, baby
crying, and mom's online time's been cut short).

Nicole

From: <mia at miaridge.com>