[thelist] CSS fluid design

josh evolt at efeingold.com
Fri Jan 11 12:38:43 CST 2002

All -

I have tried creating a fluid layout using CSS for a website and have found
it to be challenging at the least.  I am designing for an Intranet using a
baseline of IE4.

I have read plenty of stuff on CSS layouts but none of it has really clearly
explained how to achieve full control, table-like layout (there's an ironic
way to say that) with CSS. Does anyone have any great hands on resources?

Here is the best CSS _layout_ example site that I found, but it doesn't
really explain how the browser interprets the code:

http://www.glish.com/

I want to understand the nuts and bolts.

Thanks,
Josh