[thelist] For the MS Gurus

Anthony Baratta Anthony at Baratta.com
Fri Jan 11 13:37:51 CST 2002

At 11:19 AM 1/11/2002, Ken Kogler wrote:

>don't know how to do - and what I need your help with - is dynamically
>setting up a few hundred virtual roots under the IIS site
>"students.curf.edu". Any thoughts/suggestions as to how we could make
>this a reality?

You can manipulate the IIS Metabase in order to create a
provisioning/de-provisioning script with VB or VBS. I've had a friend that
has done this for the ISP he works for. It was a real b*tch to create. Not
a lot of documentation with the Metabase.

My recommendation is to use the Metabase exporter (similar to the registry
export) before then after creating a new web service and use that
information to start building your script.

Good Luck.
---
Anthony Baratta
President