[thelist] Site Check: www.chadsavage.com

Zombo zombo_the_clown at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 12 10:04:53 CST 2002

At 10:50 PM 1/11/02 -0400, Marc Seyon howled into the wind:
>Hey Chad,
>
>Your background/text colour combination creates a most unpleasant reading experience. Had me squinting the whole way through. Tried resizing the text, but your css didn't allow for that. Not great for someone who wants to skim through.

It's funny - the responses I've solicited thus far either absolutely love or absolutely hate the color scheme.

And on some level, I have to admit that if it prevents skimming, so much the better.

>Also, when I think "Qualifications", what you had in that section isn't exactly what came to mind... Those aren't so much qualifications as Experience... or something else.

Yeah, well, you say tomato, I say to-mah-to ;)

>Under Employment, any reason not to include a link to websites of those companies listed?

Yes. I'm not interested in advertising them any more than necessary (especially the most recent one), and I certainly don't want to send somebody out of my site to them! I'm trying to get a job, not give them work or traffic...

>In Samples, took me a while to figure out the logic behind the sub-headers
>Logos : Websites : Flash : Print : Illustration
>
>The colon isn't immediately recognised as a delimiter of information on the same level. It's more commonly used to illustration sub-sections, so this is somewhat confusing at first glance.

Touche. I'll rethink that one.

>That's about it. Good luck job hunting.

Thankee!

>Oh, one more thing. For the rest of my life I'll always be wary of a web developer who prefaces a site with "If this site is screwed up, it ain't my fault" type statements. That's just me though.

I wasn't going for that so much as demonstrating that the site has been coded according to a specific and accepted specification. In theory, if a potential employer surfs in on (gasp) Netscape 4 on a Mac and the site looks completely bizarre, I am able to show him/her quickly *why* it looks bizarre (as opposed to it just being that I'm a sucky web designer).

:::[   S A V A G E • Z O M B O • http://www.sinistervisions.com    ]
:::[ ICQ>7337362 • Yahoo/MSN>zombo_the_clown • AIM>Zombo the Clown ]
:::[   ANAMORPHOSIS • http://groups.yahoo.com/group/anamorphosis   ]
:::[ Discussion list for horror/dark fantasy artists & enthusiasts ]