OT: RE: [thelist] Phoenix Club and Web Designers...

Steve Cook steve.cook at evitbe.com
Mon Jan 14 03:26:14 CST 2002

Oh boy! What's this Richard - the 5th time?? Time to break out the standard
letters again huh??

I just don't get what's *so* attractive about your design that so many
people have to rip it off. (Not that I'm criticising the design - just why
people feel the need to rip it off so blatantly!!).

It *did* give me a laugh though. Have you ever considered putting a comment
along the lines of "Warning: 5 companies have ripped off this code earlier
and we have tracked down and ridiculed each and every one of them. Please do
not reuse this code without permission!" in the source code??

That definitely deserves a tip!

<tip type="Home network">
Considering building a home network with a connection to your broadband
connection? You should definitely take a look at the D-Link DI-804
http://www.dlink.co.uk/long_desc.asp?id=306
It took me 15 minutes to have it up and running against 2 computers at home
thanks to the simple to use web-based interface. Definitely easier than
having a dedicated computer as the gateway (and with lower energy consuption
too).
</tip>

   WapWarp - http://wapwarp.com
 Wap-Dev - http://www.wap-dev.net