[thelist] M$ SQL Server problems

Joel Lieberman joel_lieberman at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 15 10:25:35 CST 2002

Norman -

You need to be careful about selecting "all"
privileges from the various lists because whilst you
can give a user the ability to create a table, you can
at the same time deny his privileges to read anything
from it!

I suggest that you create the user account at the
instance level, then at the database user level, give
permissions for db_ddladmin, db_datareader and
db_datawriter.  This will enable the user to create
tables, procedures, etc., and read and write to them
whilst not having the higher privileges of DBO.

Cheers -

Joel Lieberman