[thelist] CSS: IE vs. Mozilla

Michael Buffington mike at stirlingbridge.com
Tue Jan 15 20:34:43 CST 2002

I spent a lot of time to get the following URL to look fantastic in IE
6.0, only to have my bubble violently burst by Mozilla 0.9.7.

http://www.michaelbuffington.com/css.html

Up until this project I've been pretty successful in having Mozilla
display identically to IE, but this time it seems Mozilla has done
everything it can to interpret my CSS entirely differently.

I'm looking for reasons as to why there is such a huge difference, and
when all is said and done, I'm looking for a way to use CSS with <DIV>s
to accomplish what IE displays so nicely.

One thing I've noticed is that when I remove display:inline; from the
columns, Mozilla begins obeying the width specifications. Obviously I
need to display:inline;, so that's not a good solution, but it is
interesting.

Michael Buffington
ColdFusion 5.0 Developer's Guide ISBN:072132256
Macromedia Certified ColdFusion 5.0 Developer
http://www.michaelbuffington.com