[thelist] Searching for Visual HTML Editor for Novices

Chris Price chris.price at stl.org
Wed Jan 16 11:24:11 CST 2002

I use BBedit for my web editing partly because a WYSIWYG editor is not
suitable for our dynamic site.

I tried using my Dreamweaver a little while ago because the page I was doing
was stand alone and I didn't think it warranted me getting into the code.
But when I came to edit it, tags were flying all over the place and I fled
back to BBedit and good ol' html.

When we get editors to work work on text for print we get them to use simple
tags such as T# for title and S# for subtitle, import the text in .txt mode
and do find and replace to format it.

I would get someone to work in, say, Word; include tags; export as text
only; and then import it into something like BBedit (which has a powerful
search and replace).

Macromedia do a package called Homepage which is supposed to do what you're
asking but as it's for PC only I don't know what it's like.
--
Chris Price

This message has been checked for all known viruses by UUNET delivered
http://www.uk.uu.net/products/security/virus/