[thelist] Eudora Question and Apache Password Protection Tip

Bob Haroche bharoche at usa.net
Wed Jan 16 13:03:18 CST 2002

Hi all,

In Eudora 5 is it possible to see the full source code for a received
email -- namely the email program and OS of the sender?  I know how to do
this in OE, which is what I use, but need to know how to do it in Eudora as
well.  Thanks.

I owe a tip for the all the good stuff I've learned here.

<tip type="apache password protection">

You know how to password protect a directory using .htaccess/.htpasswd, but
you don't like that default pop up box generated by the browser asking for
name and password.

Here's syntax to create a link to bypass that box and go directly into the
protected directory:

http://username:password@http://www.domain.com/protected_folder.

You can then use javascript with a simple form to take form field name and
password input and string it together into the above syntax.  I used this
method on this page: http://www.greeenengineering.net.

<tip>

Regards,
Bob Haroche