[thelist] Protection Tip - Security Issue

Anthony Baratta Anthony at Baratta.com
Wed Jan 16 23:32:23 CST 2002

At 09:18 PM 1/16/2002, Eric Engelmann wrote:

>I'm not sure if there's an easy Apache way to do this.

There are several mods for Apache that allow you to replace the Basic
Authentication flat files with DB Tables. But I don't think this will get
rid of your popup box. Just make the solution easier to manage.

Like Eric outlined - your best bet is to use a server side scripting
language to control access.
---
Anthony Baratta
President