[thelist] question - homepage? webpage? website

Rebecca Milot-Bradford RMilot-Bradford at nsca-lift.org
Thu Jan 17 18:22:25 CST 2002

> website (website) - the entire site
> webpage (webpage) - a single (HTML) document; many webpages
> comprise a website
> homepage (home page) - the first or main webpage on a website

website - I think this one still needs a bit of polishing - by "site" do you
mean the whole domain? everything that is made to "go together"? every page
within a domain that can be accessed by following links from the home page?
What if I set up site blah.com but provide ecommerce functionality through
shoppingutility.com - is this one web site, or is it two web sites?

I guess this would be more helpful if I had answers instead of questions ...