[thelist] Which browsers to download for testing

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Sat Jan 19 10:52:28 CST 2002

> From: "Bob Boisvert" <webdad at tampabay.rr.com>
>
> I need a little help in deciding which browsers to download for
> testing.  I currently run everything under ie 5.5, I would like to
> limit the amount of browsers on my system to the top 3 major browsers
> for testing my projects (only because it's going to slow down my
> system quite a bit).
>
> Which browsers should I download and which version of those suggested?

well, if you'll only do 3, then NN, IE, Opera...  versions should be the last
two of each... or so...

my suite consists of NN1-4.x; N6.x; IE4.x+; Opera 5; WebTV; Lynx 2.8...
i'd have IE3 if i could, and i have NN1 and NN2 for novelty purposes...

Mozilla builds don't hurt...

other info can be had at:

Browser testing list
http://evolt.org/article/list/20/548/