[thelist] web server setup

Joshua Olson joshua at alphashop.net
Sun Jan 20 13:21:37 CST 2002

joel,

I hope I'm not misunderstanding your post, but this seems like a very common
situation.  If you are using IIS as your web server, then you only need to
do two things:

1.  Assign all four IP's to the NIC
2.  Assign a different IP to each site on the server

An alternative is to set up the DNS so that all sites have the same IP
address then have IIS differentiate the sites based on the requested host.
ie, www.mydomain1.com, www.mydomain2.com, etc

If this is not what you want or need specifics on how to do the
aforementioned tasks, just ask.

-joshua