[thelist] W2K: Killing IIS?

Frank framar at interlog.com
Mon Jan 21 14:22:37 CST 2002

On my development machine, I find myself replacing MS software more
and more. I've replaced the personal web server with Apache, and now
I'd like to replace the default mail server with PostCast (a freeware
smtp/pop server). All of this is just to test my programs.

There is a conflict on port 25, which I'm assuming is MS's mail. If I
remove all the ISS services, will this cause my other apps, such
Apache, CF and Postcast to break? If not, is there a clear and simple
way of removing all the IIS services without breaking my current
setup?

Thanks.

--

Our best destiny, as planetary cohabitants, is the development
of what has been called "species consciousness" - something over

Frank Marion                      Framar Studios
frank at framarstudios.com           http://www.framarstudios.com