[thelist] W2K: Killing IIS?

Chris Blessing webguy at mail.rit.edu
Mon Jan 21 14:40:04 CST 2002

On pro it's basically the same.  Alternatively you can simply disable the
IIS services within the Services control panel under Admin Tools.  If you
have Apache running on port 80, then I assume either 1) you don't have IIS
installed, 2) you've already removed it, or 3) you've changed the port for
IIS to something else.  At any rate, you can disable the Microsoft SMTP
server under the Services applet and that will free up port 25 for you.

Like evl said, if you're not using MS SMTP/IIS/FTP, then it's safe to say
you can just go ahead and uninstall them.

Chris Blessing
webguy at mail.rit.edu
http://www.330i.net