[thelist] IIS problems

Steve Randa sranda at ch-advertising.com
Tue Jan 22 09:38:52 CST 2002

I've been running a site internally and recently started getting a
message from IIS telling me "WINSOCK error: Can' assign that address."
Everything was running fine until I upgraded to Service Pack 6. I am
currently running NAT and have non-conflicting IPs assigned to these sites.

To extend this topic further, I'm also thinking about hosting a small
site live on the web for the first time and need to know about the DNS
addresses. Do I keep using the numbers that my ISP provided when they
hosted it?

--
Steve Randa
Director of New Media