[thelist] One blowhard, hundreds of cubic feet of hot air

Warden, Matt mwarden at mattwarden.com
Tue Jan 22 14:28:15 CST 2002

On Jan 22, spinhead had something to say about Re: [thelist] One blowhard,...

>> <tip>
>> Listening to those who shout the loudest, will not always reward you with
>> the most advantageous answers.
>> </tip>
>>
>> Concerned Net Citizen
>>
>> P.S.  I imagine I will get kicked for saying that the emperor has no
>> clothes, so 'Cheers' everyone. :)
>>

>Actually, what you'll get is a response that
>1) your subject line is insulting, not constructive

Sure.

>2) the tone of your message is unnecessarily argumentative

really? i rather thought (other than the word "moron") that it was worded
quite well.

>3) Martin has proven repeatedly that he knows what he's talking about (I
>hope you read his resume before you posted)

What does THAT have to do about ANYTHING when you're talking hard facts.

>and in a war of opinions, I'll
>take his well-thought-out and politely worded one over anyone else's angry
>spouting every single time.

Personally, I'll take the hard facts over resume-waving.

>Disagreement is fine; it's how we learn. Rudeness is not fine, it's
>counterproductive.

Yeah. I think all parties involved in this conversation could make use of
the above comment.

THanks,

--
mattwarden