[thelist] Animated .gif's in NN 6.2

Chris Marsh chrism at puffofsmoke.net
Tue Jan 22 14:32:27 CST 2002

Bob

> I have an animated .gif that I made in Fireworks 4 (PC), nothing special,
> just some scrolling text.  It looks great in MSIE 5.5 at a speed of 3/100

Well, I would say you have your answer right there. If you specify a frame
duration of 0.03 seconds, the browser will make a best effort to display it
for no longer than this. I have a hazy memory of coming across this problem
before, and the answer being in the less efficient manner in which IE
redraws the page.

> and about 300 frames 700px long.  The same .gif file in NN 6.2 is

A 300 frame animated GIF? WOW!!! What size did you get that down to, out of
interest?

> scrolling
> the animation much faster, so much so that if I didn't know what
> it said, I
> might have to look a couple of times to see what it's saying.
>
> Does anybody know why the difference and how I might be able to fix it?.

HTH

Regards

Chris Marsh