[thelist] Update on "Update Query not running"

Scott Brady evolt at scottbrady.net
Tue Jan 22 17:20:46 CST 2002

rudy wrote:

> hi chris

I think you may have meant "hi scott" . . unless my name has changed [unless
you were actually talking to Chris Blessing, who did reply to my question]

>    WHERE  user_id
>            = <cfqueryparam value="#Request.user_id#"
>               cfsqltype="CF_SQL_VARCHAR">
>
> you might try
>
>    WHERE  StringFromGUID(user_id)
>            = <cfqueryparam value="#Request.user_id#"
>               cfsqltype="CF_SQL_VARCHAR">

I get a "[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Undefined function
'StringFromGUID' in expression." error.

Of course, the Access help feature discusses this function (and the opposite
version "GUIDFromString" which I tried putting on the other side of the
equals sign), so I'm not sure what's going on there.  I wonder .  . the help
pages talk about this being part of the Jet engine in Access.  Maybe the
function doesn't work for ODBC drivers?  (I think the two are separate,
right?)

Scott

Scott Brady
http://www.scottbrady.net/