[thelist] Konqueror web browser questions

Peter-Paul Koch gassinaumasis at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 23 03:11:50 CST 2002

>I have a new client who wants his web site compatible for Konqueror for
>Linux.

Great! Konqueror is a great browser. Of course you have to install it to
test your site, but that's likely the toughest part of the operation. Once
you start writing CSS and JavaScript you'll see that it's nearly as good
(and standard supporting) as Netscape 6. Of course there are a few bugs and
a few unsupported things, just like any browser, but not much more than in
any other browser.

>Since I know so little about Linux I don't don't understand the jargon
>being used. Are the situations where these crashes would happen common to
>Konqueror users?

The beauty of it all is: you don't have to worry about it. Most Linux users
understand this jargon perfectly and are able to reinstall Konqueror when
necessary.

As to JavaScript, see my site at
http://www.xs4all.nl/~ppk/js/index.html?browsers5.html#konq for some
information.

>Also, how standards compliant is Konqueror? Are there any quirks I need to
>worry about?

Quite standards compliant, but they don't hesitate to include a good
Microsoft method or property if it does something the W3C approved methods
or properties don't do.

ppk