[thelist] Which browsers to download for testing

Moe Rubenzahl moe at maxim-ic.com
Wed Jan 23 19:28:38 CST 2002

>>Check out Browser Photo from netmechanic.com. For $15 a shot or $135
>>a year, you give it a URL and it sends you screen shots of 16
>>different browser / op sys / screen size combinations.

>Interesting... so when I've got my 100 page site and I want shots
>of every single page, do I get them for my $135 a year?
>
>If it's all automated, I can see that. But not if it's manually done.

If you want a shot of every page, you would have to send them the URL
of each page. They do not spider the site and send you back 16 images
of each page.

I guess you could do that -- you could write a script that sends
their engine many URLs -- but I don't think you would want to review
all of that anyway!

What I am using this for is a view of the home page and a sample of
every major type of page we have, and a cross-browser snapshot of new
pages as we develop them. Works very well for that.