[thelist] httpd.conf

Steve Cook steve.cook at evitbe.com
Thu Jan 24 02:39:35 CST 2002

Hi Noah!

Sounds like a real pain. I don't have anything definite, but my first
thought is that perhaps something has messed up the formatting of the
httpd.conf file. Can you check that the newlines are formatted correctly for
the platform it is running on? Homesite (for instance) will let you open a
file and save it with newline formatting for different platforms. You cuold
also check with a text editor that will show ascii formatting characters
that no "nonsense" characters have gotten int the file.

Also, what is the content of line 8 in httpd.conf? Perhaps posting that may
give some ideas (and possibly the surrounding lines).

Good luck.

.steve

   WapWarp - http://wapwarp.com
 Wap-Dev - http://www.wap-dev.net