[thelist] Site Check : www.cache-22.co.uk

DESCHAMPS Stéphane DvSI/SICoR stephane.deschamps at francetelecom.com
Thu Jan 24 08:31:09 CST 2002

> Lachlan Cannon <tiedefenderdelta6 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Did I mention that N4 is poo?

Come on, this is a long-lasting troll, this one ;-)

NN4 is what we all know it is (namely a nothing-close-to-modern-standards
browser), yet sometimes, for instance in security-holes-in-IE times, I
resort to NN4... And considering the average stats I read on this list, it
seems that a good 10% at least of clients still use it...
(and no, for the moment, my dev machine doesn't use NN6 considering the
small amount of people who acutally use it and my situation as an intranet
dev).

For instance, if the dHTML thing had been implemented using layers instead
of divs (and I don't see it as too far fetched, considering that would not
be the first time NN creates a standard, see frames for instance), we'd be
fighting with IE instead when in dHTML trouble...

Why am I even falling to that troll anyway? ;-)