[thelist] storing connection strings in application variables

Chris Blessing webguy at mail.rit.edu
Thu Jan 24 13:25:00 CST 2002

Well since you asked... ;)

The main reason I separated them was for logical purposes... it makes sense
to keep our products in one database and orders/accounts in another.  That
way we can separately alter each without affecting the other one.  It's also
much more organized and we can more precisely specify security settings per
db.  But funtionality-wise it wouldn't matter if they were 1, 2, or 5
databases...

Chris Blessing
webguy at mail.rit.edu
http://www.330i.net