[thelist] WHOIS EXPIRATION DATE

Daniel J. Cody djc at members.evolt.org
Thu Jan 24 20:57:01 CST 2002

Hi josh -

Two options that come to mind right away are querying the netsol whois db
through an http call, or to write a unix CGI script to query their db.

The first option would be to use a server side language(although maybe js
could do it, dont know) like asp, cf, php, etc to take the domain name
you'd want to check on in a form field and submit the request to the
netsol whois page, with the domain name dynamically inserted. Then search
for a string which contained "Domain expires on", grab it, modify it a
bit, and display it back.

Second option would be the same thing, just using a unix cgi script to
query they db instead of a language like php, cf, asp.(i realize its
basically the same thing for those wondering ;)

There are lots of details i'm leaving out of course, but those are the
rough blueprints for two options..

hth!

.djc.