[thelist] stripping browser brand on page titles

javier velasco lists at mantruc.com
Fri Jan 25 13:32:00 CST 2002

Hi:

I'm back in my company's web development team, so i'll be bugging with
lots of stupid questions :)

Here's the first one:

Is it possible to remove "Microsoft Internet Explorer" or "Nestcape"
(etc) from page titles?. How? We've been asked to do it on a couple of
pop-up windows.

I haven't heard of anyone doing this - except by hacking the browser
itelf, but i'm talking from the development side of things - but i
thought maybe some of the geniuses here knows the trick.

<tip type="Interation Design" author="mantruc">

When designing user profiles - or personas - you have to interview
people who fit in the audience type, and then remove their
eccentricities. Every one of us is too particular to become an ideal
design prospect, the average user does not exist and is impossible to
define, the best design profile is just in the middle.

More about interacition design and why it's currently so lame in Alan
Cooper's book "The Inmates Are Running the Asylum"

</tip>

--
Javier Velasco
Work - http://www.nurun.cl