[thelist] Advice on being Hammered (Port Scanned)

cdj chris at fuzzylizard.com
Fri Jan 25 16:44:00 CST 2002

Hello,

I am looking for some advice. It seems that for the last several hours,
my poor little computer has been the target of a massive TCP port probe.
Black Ice has recorded attacks so far numbering about 10 000+ from all
over the world.

So, my question is this; Is this normal (I have never experienced this
before) and what would you do in my place?

I installed and ran Zone Alarm because I wanted to see if the problem
could be a program on my computer, such as a trojan horse. However,
nothing out of the ordinary showed up. Just email and internet explorer.

This is really starting to tick me off.

Chris Johnston