[thelist] Advice on being Hammered (Port Scanned)

cdj chris at fuzzylizard.com
Fri Jan 25 16:55:00 CST 2002

It seems to be port 1214 that keeps getting hit. Now I was running Kazaa
earlier so this may have something to do with it. The system may still
think that my computer is hooked up, even though the program has been
off for several hours now.

I realize that I can just unplug my connection, although this was not an
option earlier due to waiting for some very important emails.

I was just wondering if anyone else had ever experienced this level of
intensity and if I should really be worried about it.

Chris Johnston
<www.fuzzylizard.com>