[thelist] Quick and Dirty Environment Variables....

Anthony Baratta Anthony at Baratta.com
Sat Jan 26 19:47:01 CST 2002

At 09:55 PM 1/25/2002, Keith wrote:
>Anthony
>
>Your tip (below) is excellent, if the programmer is familiar with using
>OOP Perl modules. However most web scripts do not need OOP's
>bloatware, running fine with straight Perl ("screaming code" as
>Randal calls it).

Keith...

All very good points. I am very lucky that Perl is such a forgiving
language that it supports hacks like me. ;-) I was "dressed" down over one
of my ancient Perl articles on Evolt, because I brute forced finding a
string instead of using RegEx. Oh well, I still suck at RegEx and I still
don't think in OOP.

Even when I wrote the perl Env Variable routines, I had to dig into the
CGI.pm manuals just to sort it all out. It was more of a test to "figure it
out" versus finding the best solution. ;-)

One of these days I might even think of myself as a coder!
---
Anthony Baratta
President
Keyboard Jockeys