[thelist] [OT] Snap 'n' Shot on a Gateway PC (Win98)

Michael Galvin mpgalvin at eircom.net
Sun Jan 27 06:05:00 CST 2002

The Snap 'n' Shot utility that came pre-installed on my Gateway machine is
causing me a little trouble.  I tried updating a snapshot yesterday, and, as
expected, I ran out of room before it finished.  So I cancelled everything
and restarted my machine.

But now every time I start up, I get the "Open with..." dialog box for a
.nop file, which I *think* is an S'n'S snapshot.  I assume because I
interrupted it, it keeps trying to restart or something.  I can't find any
reference to .nop in my startup folder or in any of my .ini files.  Has
anyone had a similiar problem they managed to solve?

<tip type="Compulsory software for php/mysql administration">
If you've managed to get php and mysql installed on your own machine (either
Linux or PWS) then PhpAdmin is an almost compulsory utility (available from
http://phpwizard.net/projects/phpMyAdmin/).  No more command line table
altering for me!
</tip>