[thelist] Vermicide (was Re: Code Red?)

Richard Bennett richard.bennett at skynet.be
Sun Jan 27 16:35:01 CST 2002

Hi,
----- Original Message -----
From: "Kevin Martin" <evolt at brasscannon.net>

<A little Perl magic called "Vermicide" will fix that.  Put this into your
<httpd.conf to discard log entries generated by Code Red and related/copycat
<worms such as Nimda.  I still get a rare log entry from another worm,
<but the threat to eat up all my log file space is over.

That looked pretty neat, so we tried to add it to our httpd.conf file. It's
not running though, and seems to be trying to open and run Perl.
Should the Perl module need to be included in the apache server? or some
kind of path be set somewhere?
We can run perl from cgi-bin already.
(I'm no apache expert)

Thanks,