VNC was: [thelist] Re: motherboards

martin.p.burns at uk.pwcglobal.com martin.p.burns at uk.pwcglobal.com
Mon Jan 28 05:53:01 CST 2002

Memo from Martin P Burns of PricewaterhouseCoopers

-------------------- Start of message text --------------------

VNC is also very, very useful for browser testing.

I did some browser testing from my Win/IE5.5 laptop controlling
a Win/IE4 box in a test lab in another country last week. Saves
all this messing around with multi-boot setups, and lets you test
a number of variables including network performance to a remote
location.

The only thing I really noticed was that the pointer was a touch slow
following the mouse.

Timbuktu for Mac is similar.

Cheers
Martin