[thelist] SSI and search engines

rudy r937 at interlog.com
Mon Jan 28 07:00:01 CST 2002

> ack - do they really remove them??!
>
> I have always thought the Expires meta tag was just for the user's
> browser - so for frequently updated pages I set it to 0 (zero)...
> does this mess with search engine indexing too?
>
> I'm starting to feel a little queasy...

hi karen

a definitive meta tag resource does not exist, because what each search
engine does is different

(and knowing what all search engines to is a career in itself)

i'm sorry i cannot remember where i read about Expires and how it might be
treated

my decision to remove it was just playing it safe

rudy