[thelist] SSI and search engines

rudy r937 at interlog.com
Mon Jan 28 07:07:00 CST 2002

>could you quickly explain what the above two meta tags do?

hi kris

probably not much   ;o)

the first supposedly stops internet explorer from turning on Smart Tags

they said they never would, but who knows -- although if they wanted to,
they sure wouldn't let a piddly meta tag stop them

the second does something, not sure what, to make it harder for internet
explorer users to use my images (not that i have very many, but they're
mine)

but again, much like the way internet explorer disregards the mime-type of
a document (deciding instead to read the file itself, e.g. word doc in a
browser), i don't suppose a meta tag is going to thwart internet explorer
on its own

so, futile as it may be, is there a noticeable undercurrent behind my use
of these two meta tags?

you betcha

rudy