[thelist] Search engine Optimization Questions

Polina Grinbaum polina at polination.net
Mon Jan 28 11:52:01 CST 2002

A small design house I work with is pondering using the services of one of those Search engine placement agencies where for a fee they guarantee you results.

my questions are this:
1. have you used one of these services. What were your results? was it worth the money to you
2. does anyone know what they do differently from the usual stuff web developers do.
3. my theory is for certain kinds of sites. (small vacation homes for example) you would do better to spend your time researching places where they lists such things. Getting into search engines is one thing getting hits is another. what do you think?