[thelist] differences in alt vs. title attributes and <h#> tags

Bob Boisvert webdad at tampabay.rr.com
Mon Jan 28 12:07:00 CST 2002

Since I have downloaded NN 6.2 for some testing I've noticed some small
things between IE and NN.

NN 6.2 doesn't seem to recognize the alt="what I'm writing" but does
recognize title="what I'm writing" and MSIE 5.5 recognizes both. Is it more
or less compliant to current HTML standards to use either or both within the
same tag line? I'm guessing title is more so because it's recognized in both
browsers.

I've also written some CSS to later include as a .css file when I'm
finalizing but have noticed that for instance the <h2>what I'm writing</h2>
shows up as a rather bold look to it which is fine but NN 6.2 does not have
a bold tone to it. Is this because I'm controlling the <h2></h2> tags
through CSS properties or is this just how NN renders the font?.

Thanks,

Bob

---