[thelist] menu system

david lloyd parker david at image2image.co.uk
Wed Jan 30 02:12:00 CST 2002

I have tried out several dhtml menu systems, and I am currently using dhtml
menu builder from Xavier Flix http://software.xfx.net/mainindex.htm which
has a decent UI and produces truly cross-platform code, albeit in the order
of about 20k compressed. The final code is split into IE and NS versions
loaded on detect, and the great thing is you hang on to your original
project so it's easy to add more items later on.  I've used it on four sites
now and had no user issues. It is about $50. Xavier's site also has some
lovely buttons using css and javascript.
You might also consider project seven's free offering, which I see is being
used by Accenture.com.