[thelist] Splitting Articles across multiple pages with PHP

Jay Greenspan jay at trans-city.com
Thu Jan 31 07:21:00 CST 2002

On Thursday, January 31, 2002, at 05:34 AM, Norman Beresford wrote:

> The problem with doing it the way you want to is that it's going to look
> quite strange with sentences stopping midway though etc etc.

Yeah, this would be a problem. To get the exact page breaks you want,
you might want to consider investing the time to insert XML-like tags in
your text. Something like

Then, even without an XML parser, it would be easy enough to get the
section you were after, witch either a regular expression or string
handling functions.

Just a thought, I've never actually implemented this type of setup.