[thelist] trojan

snowdux at adelphia.net snowdux at adelphia.net
Thu Jan 31 14:22:03 CST 2002

Maybe in my currrent hypoglycemic  state I have missed
something, but it appears you already have a firewall to block the
attacks. You do not actually have a trojan, but rather, someone
was port scanning you and trying to connect to see if you had that
trojan. Specific trojans accept connections on a specific port, and
this prompts people to scan a whole node of computers on that
specific port. if someone scans and connects, then they connect
using the trojan horse client program and control your computer.
you are not infected with a trojan.
	I suggest that in order to remain trojan free you should use an
anti-virus program and a firewall to block those ports. However, you
do not need to fret every time you get a message sayingn that
someone scanned you on those ports.

-Bill