[thelist] LoadMovie with Flash - Help Please

Josh Spiegel joshsquared at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 31 21:36:00 CST 2002

Hi,

I have something like the following:

loadVariablesNum ("variables.txt", 0);
loadMovie (theSwf, target1);

theSwf is a variable that comes from the text file variables.  This code
does not work.  I know the variable, theSwf, is making it into the movie
because I put a text box to display it.  When I debug it it gives me the
error "cant open movie C:\blah\".  It thinks theSwf is zero length
string.

My guess is this has something to do with the compiler trying to
loadMovie first instead of loadVariable even though loadVariable comes
first.