[thelist] LoadMovie with Flash - Help Please

Lindsay Evans lindsay at redsquare.com.au
Thu Jan 31 21:50:00 CST 2002

> My guess is this has something to do with the compiler trying to
> loadMovie first instead of loadVariable even though loadVariable comes
> first.

Well, my guess would be that Flash hasn't finished loading the variables
before it attempts to load the movie. Try putting a trace() between each of
your statements:

trace('before loadVariablesNum(): ' + theSwf);
loadVariablesNum ("variables.txt", 0);
trace('after loadVariablesNum(): ' + theSwf);
trace('before loadMovie(): ' + theSwf);
loadMovie (theSwf, target1);
trace('after loadMovie(): ' + theSwf);

... and you'll see the value of theSwf at various stages.

If this is the case, then you'll need to create a 'timer' type thing that
checks the value of theSwf at regular intervals and then loads the movie
when it has changed, having a movie clip in your file that checks the value
each frame and then loops back to the start (you should only need to frames)
should work.

HTH

--
 Lindsay Evans.