[thelist] Window Attributes

DESCHAMPS Stéphane DvSI/SICoR stephane.deschamps at francetelecom.com
Fri Feb 1 06:34:00 CST 2002

> Hello Everybody,
> In Windows environment, we double click the icon of a locally
> saved web
> page
> to open it. For such web page is it possible for JavaScript to control
> its
> window attributes (Toolbar, Address Bar etc.) when we open
> the web page
> by
> double clicking its icon. If it is possible then please tell me the JS
> code
> for this. I guess such script must be put in head section of the web
> page.
> Am I right?

Syed,

You have to use some javascript, and you won't be able to control the
already-opened window. But the next window you'll open will be controllable.

See window.open in your JS documentation.
The third parameter specifies all the window manipulation you'd need (like
size, position, which part of the chrome to hide/show).

HTH

s t e f [ n o t a - b e n e . o r g ]