[thelist] CMS in ASP

Marty Landman marty at face2interface.com
Fri Feb 1 14:35:00 CST 2002

Hi,

Hoping this reply is a welcome addition to the thread as well as a plug for
a website I've been working on. After creating a CMS that runs on *nix
environment in Perl I decided to teach myself ASP and Visual Basic taking
on a similar task and documenting this in a website.

Which is how http://feedthebulldog.com/ - Automating a Website in ASP and
Visual Basic was born. There is currently only one section which uses a
single template, stylesheet, and about half a dozen content files plus a VB
program to generate this small site.

The next topic - now in the works involves automating the navigation on
each delivered page of the site. Future articles will include development
of a front end so that the webmaster can create new pages on the fly, and
then maybe personalization features... like being able to change design
instantly by selecting from a library. Stuff my product SIMPL can do now.

I have a vocabulary issue here. My sig's first line shows this; can't
decide where CMS stops and website publishing starts or something. That is,
how do you distinguish between the two exactly?

hth,

Marty

SIMPL(tm) Content Management & WebSite Creation
http://face2interface.com/Home/Demo.shtml
Complementary Color Picker
http://face2interface.com/WebSafe