[thelist] trojan

Janet FitzGerald waxplanet at sunflower.com
Fri Feb 1 16:16:01 CST 2002

Hey Everyone,

I'm sorry I haven't gotten back to everyone sooner.  I'm in Kansas and had a
power outage from the ice storms.  It's next to miserable, but awesomely
beautiful, here.

Anyway, I'm about ready to give up on McAfee support.  They gave me a "DOS
Scan with Clinic" to run on my machine.  I noticed that it's 10 months old.
Then, before running it, I was supposed to copy four files into a newly
created folder (containing the DOS Scan): Names.dat, Scan.dat, Extra.dat,
and Clean.dat.  Well, Extra.dat was nowhere to be found.  I ran it, anyway.
It pulled up about 40 files that it couldn't open or clean, I guess.  I'm
not clear as to whether I should delete these files, or what.

To answer the question "what worm is doing this"... As far as I can tell,
it's called Backdoor-wk.  Does that sound familiar?  I could not bring up a
specific definition to this ugly devil.  I checked McAfee's definitions, and
Symantec's, though I could find general information about Backdoors.

I'm going to take the advice from below and see what I can do with it.  I'll
keep you updated.

Off topic,...Is this Vic Wooten the same Vic Wooten that plays the best bass
I've ever heard and part of Bela' Fleck and the Flecktones???  Is it
possible?  Naaaaaa.  ....maybe?

Much appreciation for everyone's input.

Janet