[thelist] trojan

sfmalo sfmalo at msn.com
Sat Feb 2 05:08:01 CST 2002

On Friday, February 01, 2002 7:44 AM, Vic Wooten wrote about Norton and provided link for cleaning out the MyParty virus.

Thanks, Vic. Appreciate the advice.

It's possible that I didn't have the latest update from McAfee. I think I did, but ..... human error!

I've always used their online version with no problem, and happily so after reading about your experience with the boxed version! I too have Win98.

The reason I initially went with McAfee was that a Windows Tech Support person told me a long time ago of the problems Win98 was having with the Norton virus scanning software (crashes, etc.). (This was while you could still call Win Tech Support without being limited in the number of calls you could make.) Good ole days. I've stuck with McAfee ever since. Now, I don't feel so comfortable. We'll see.

Sharon

Sharon F. Malone
"web design and Internet writing services"
http://www.24caratdesign.com
sfmalo at 24caratdesign.com